Welcome to sandfly.net.nz. My name is Andrew Stephens, and I am a programmer living in sunny Auckland, New Zealand. This site exists mainly to host my blog, but there are some other projects of mine here as well.
A blog containing posts on whatever I was interested in at the time. Some technical subjects are covered, but mainly consists of random stuff I have watched/read.
A brief selection of my "greatest hits":
- Posts about programming - mainly C++ and boost.
- A rant about the problems with video and audio in HTML5.
- Another rant about Flash on the iPhone.
- Various reviews.
- And finally, what good is a blog if you can't post silly videos?
Games and Puzzles
- TV Theme Quiz - how much TV do you watch? Uses the new HTML5 audio tag.
- WordMap - an interactive maze of words.
- Java Swap Puzzle - a Java Applet puzzle that changes daily.
- Java Jigsaw Puzzle - a Java Applet jigsaw puzzle.
- NZ Blog Montage - A visual list of other NZ Blogs.
- WordUp Tachistoscope - Java applet tachistoscope for speed reading.
- Fractal Sound Applet - Java applet for generating audio based on a fractal shape.
Enter the shadowy world of Ben Slademore P.I. in Detective Story - a collaborative novel.
Should you wish to contact me, my email address is email@example.com