Both the TV Theme Quizes generated a lot of traffic but not many people emailed me about them. For those keeping score at home, several people completed the first quiz but the best score I heard for the second was 20 out of 26. In retrospect, I think some of the second quiz was a little too obscure – if I ever do anything similar I will try to tone it down a little.
Anyway, everyone has had plenty of time so here are the official answers.
Questions and complaints in the comments.
I have made a new TV Theme Quiz, so much more elaborate than the last few that it deserves its own page.
Start the TV Theme Quiz
The last quizzes were solved too quickly, so this one is extra difficult although none of the shows are really that obscure. Feel free to leave any questions or comments here.
Below are the lyric fragments of 16 opening (or closing) themes to “classic” TV shows for you to guess. Feel free to post your answers in the comments, using Google is cheating…
- Baby, if you’ve ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I’m living on the air in Cincinnati…
- Friendly faces everywhere
Humble folks without temptation.
- I won’t go
I won’t sleep
I can’t breathe
Until you’re resting here with me
- Yes, no, maybe
I don’t know
Can you repeat the question?
- The Earth began to cool,
the autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall – WE BUILT THE PYRAMIDS!
- Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed.
- Love, exciting and new
Come aboard, we’re expecting you.
Love, life’s sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.
- Here we come
Walking down the street
We get the funniest looks from
Everyone we meet.
- Every stop I make, I make a new friend,
Can’t stay for long, just turn around and I’m gone again
Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I’ll just keep moving on.
- Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got.
Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot.
Wouldn’t you like to get away?
- In West Philadelphia I was born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days.
Chillin’ out, maxin’, relaxin all cool,
And all shootin’ some b-ball outside of the school.
- Hey baby, I hear the blues a’calling,
Tossed salad and scrambled eggs
And maybe I seem a bit confused,
Yeah maybe, but I got you pegged!
- No matter what the odds are this time,
Nothing’s going to stand in my way.
This flame in my heart and a long lost friend
Gives every dark street a light at the end.
Standing tall on the wings of my dream.
Rise and fall on the wings of my dream.
- Hold me in your arms
Don’t let me go
I want to stay forever
Closer each day
- If you want to, I’ll change the situation
Right people, right time, just the wrong location
I’ve got a good idea, just you keep me near
I’d be so good for you
- Out here in the fields,
I fight for my meals
I get my back into my living.
I don’t need to fight
To prove I’m right
I don’t need to be forgiven.
Last months Opening Narration Quiz was a minor success, so here is the sequel, this time with the lyrics to opening (or closing) theme songs. Guesses in the comments, no cheating.
- It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear,
Well, it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, or even your year.
- All the world’s waiting for you, and the power you possess.
In your satin tights, fighting for your rights
And the old Red, White and Blue.
- What a cocky, saucy (something) this one is. All the Gods were angry and they punished him.
- It’s been a long road – getting from there to here.
It’s been a long time, but my time is finally near
And I will see my dream come alive at last. I will touch the sky.
And they’re not gonna hold me down no more
No, they’re not gonna change my mind
- (someone) leads, (someone) does machines.
(someone) is cool but crude, (someone) is a party dude.
- We never thought we’d find a place where we belong.
Don’t have to stand alone, we’ll never let you fall.
Don’t need permission to decide what you believe.
I said JUMP…
- It’s time to put on makeup. It’s time to dress up right.
It’s time to raise the curtain…
- Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage,
It’s an institute you can’t disparage,
Ask the local gentry, and they will say is element’ry.
- Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
- Somebody save me. Let your warm hand break right through me
- I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose,
Drinking fresh mango juice,
Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes,
Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun.
- Just a friendly wave each morning, helps to make a better day.
(Some people) need to get to know each other, next day is only a footstep away.
- It seems today that all you see;
Is violence in movies and sex on TV.
But where are those good old-fashioned values;
On which we use to rely?
- Dance your cares away, (clap clap) worry’s for another day.
Let the music play, down at (some place).
- Take me out to the black.
Tell ‘em I ain’t comin’ back.
Burn the land and boil the sea.
You can’t take the sky from me.
- I’m gonna live forever. I’m gonna learn how to fly (high!)
I feel it coming together, People will see me and cry.
- He’s the greatest! He’s fantastic!
Wherever there is danger, he’ll be there!
He’s the ace! He’s amazing!
He’s the strongest, he’s the quickest, he’s the best!
- Everybody’s got a special kind of story. Everybody finds a way to shine,
It don’t matter that you got not alot. So what,
They’ll have theirs, and you’ll have yours, and I’ll have mine.
And together we’ll be fine…
- Straightnin’ the curve,
Flatnin’ the hills.
Someday the mountain might get ‘em,
But the law never will.
- Is it you or is it me?
Lately I’ve been lost it seems.
I think a change is what I need.
I have been mucking around with the custom WordPress theme that gives this blog its look. I was using a theme called Pop-Blue, which has a nice clean design that I liked. It does, however, suffer from a few designÂ decisionsÂ that are endemic on the web: Continue reading